February 16, 2010

Sunset in Traintrack Village

Sunset in Traintrack Village

I’d had a cup of tea at my parents’ house, sitting at their kitchen table, eating cookies and talking. Their kitchen walls are painted yellow, so the room is cheerful even on a winter day. On my way home, I noticed that the sun sending shimmers of colour through the trees so I took the road to the railroad track and got out to look at the horizon. The woods behind me were silent, and the ice crackled under my boots as I walked along the tracks, breathing in the dusk and listening for the rumble that would mean a train was coming.

6 comments:

Lilian said...

GORGEOUS photo!! I love sunsets.

RageyOne said...

beautiful image!

patti said...

I really, really, really miss the blue sky. And the sun. I haven't seen either in days and days.

(new blog)

Sassy said...

I love sunsets...actually I love any part of the sky......and I loved your words...I had a friend suggest I check out your blog....thank you for sharing...

Yankee, Transferred said...

Lovely, jo(e), just lovely.

Anonymous said...

Golden.