January 02, 2011

Off to hear some jazz

The last few weeks, my house has been crowded with family and friends. All my kids have been home, and a bunch of extras as well. We've spent most of our time talking and eating, just hanging out. Yesterday, I spent the day with a bunch of women friends, gathering on New Year's Day for a potluck as is our tradition.

Today, Shaggy Hair Boy and I are sneaking away to Big City Like Other. We're traveling light so that it will be easy to negotiate buses and trains, and I won't have a computer with me. But I'll return with stories and photographs.

3 comments:

Ianqui said...

Luckily, the snow has mostly melted here. Have fun!

Yankee, Transferred said...

Even though I don't know any of your kids, in my mind, Shaggy Hair has always been my pet.
Have a wonderful trip. Cannot wait for a report!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Sounds like FUN!!!! :-D

Hope the trip went well!

We were in snowstorm city for the new year.