August 21, 2011

Sand beneath my toes

Twin rocks

Yes, we took long walks on the beach. Because married life is just like those personal ads. Well, okay, maybe it's not, but on vacation, we get to pretend.

I kept taking pictures of the huge rocks that jutted out of the waves. I loved how dramatic they looked. The other cool thing was the nature of the light on the west coast, so different than what I’m used to on the east coast. I’ve often heard about the sunsets on the Pacific, but what I liked even better was how the early morning light came shining at an angle, turning wet sand everywhere blue, blue, blue.

Early

5 comments:

jo(e) said...

By now, we'd travelled farther down the coast, so we actually did get to see some sunshine.

Anonymous said...

LOL at that first line. How long have you been married?

jo(e) said...

Anon: We've been married for 27 years.

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

The Pacific Coast...it's my home. I love the ocean here. Your images are lovely.

Sandy said...

Yep. Early mornings are the best on the beach.