August 19, 2012

I heard it in the wind last night

Water lily

This summer was filled with trips to beautiful places, visits from good friends, and hot, sunny weather almost every day. Having all my kids living at home worked out despite the fact that we’re a little bit crowded. It’s been a wonderful summer.

Starting tomorrow, my life gets busy again, with classes to teach, meetings to attend, and work to do. I’ll miss the relaxed pace of summer. I’m making my usual resolutions to not let my life get too frantic. I want to make sure I still have time for morning walks, meditation every day, writing in my journal, playing the piano, dates with my husband, and long talks with friends. Wish me luck.

12 comments:

Tie-Dye Brother-in-law said...

Good luck!

Sandy said...

Lovely photo!

Michelle said...

Luck!

And a wonderful year...

Elaine said...

Luck!

What Now? said...

These are fabulous goals for the new year. (Although "goals" sounds a little too, well, goal-driven.) Good luck, and I hope it's a wonderful year!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of setting some self-care goals at the beginning of fall semester. I'm going to do the same.

H.

YourFireAnt said...

and photoshooting trips to the Digital Bodies of Water region.

;-)

jo(e) said...

FA: Yes! I should have added that to the list.

Sarah Sometimes said...

Of course you will want to save some time to help newly relocated upstate friends unpack . . .

jo(e) said...

Sarah Sometimes: Yes, of course! I think that comes under the "long talks with friends" category. I can unpack and talk at the same time.

YourFireAnt said...

and she can eat chocolate at the same time as unpack and talk.

Clever girl.

;-)

Kyla said...

I start classes Monday and the kids start on Tuesday. This summer has been wonderful in so many ways, I'm a little grieved to see it go! A return to regular life will be welcomed, but with just a twinge of sadness.